We are continually making improvements to our software and libraries - here are some highlights from the last few months:
- Added constants look-up functions
LJM_LookupConstantName. These functions allow users to quickly and programmatically identify the meaning of status codes and other device-specific information, without consulting the device datasheet.
- Added support for output streaming. This functionality increases the maximum speed of analog waveform outputs on DAC lines, and also provides flexibility for the shape of digital waveform outputs. Currently only useful to the T7 device.
- Improved speed of searching for LabJack hardware using the
- Added handle auto-healing, which improves reliability and robustness. Basically retries communication for spurious corrupt packets.
- Added LJM examples for VisualBasic .NET, which can be found on the .NET examples page.
- Registers tagged with SPI, I2C, SBUS, EXFLASH, TDAC, LUA, and STREAM are now visible on the Misc. tab when added manually.
- Now updates the session data when the user presses the "Refresh Device List" button.
- A lightweight, demonstration app that uses Java and the jamod library to interface with TCP Modbus devices such as the T7. It's designed for simple R/W access to Modbus registers over Ethernet/WiFi on your Android platform.
- Some bug fixes
- A few minor tweaks to improve humidity calibration routine for Digit HW v1.20 devices
- New program icon
LJControlPanel, LJSelfUpgrade, LJLogUD, LJStreamUD, LJLogM, LJStreamM
- New program icons
LJJoy (Joystick driver for LabJacks)
- Use analog inputs as joystick axes or digital inputs as joystick buttons. With different scaling mechanisms and easy extendability, this micro-library is just perfect for interfacing a joystick with LabJack hardware and your PC. Great for games, commercial applications, expensive in-house hobbies, etc. Once configured, the LabJack device will be detected by the operating system as a joystick device. Currently only supports Windows, and the T7/T7-Pro. Read more on the Github LJjoy readme page.