Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration | LabJack
 
LabJack is closed November 26 and 27 for the Thanksgiving holiday.

Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
burt4munger
Windows XP to Windows 7 Migration

Using both the 3.25 and the latest set of drivers, and running a DAQFactory 5.87 program that hasn't been changed since it ran on the XP system, I am now getting communications errors on the D/A output tick converters:

Error occurred on io type 506: channel type 5125 code 69 communications error with LJTDAC module, wrong number of ACKS received.

Ideas what this might be?  On 4 systems where pretty much the "only" change was a new computer with the older software installed this started happening on all of them.  I did see a much older forum, reference to a similar issue with the U6, that seemed to go away with a labjack firmware upgrade.  It seems strange that I'd need to do that given the use of the same 3.25 labjack driver and DAQFactory version, but...

LabJack Support
LabJack Support's picture
I doubt the important change

I doubt the important change is XP to Win7.  More likely something else has changed:

UD driver version?

32-bit to 64-bit?

UE9 firmware version?

Connection between UE9 and LJTDAC?

UE9 supply voltage?

Physical environment?

Does the problem happy every communication attempt or just sometimes?

Do you have 1 system that works so we can compare everything?  Use LJControlPanel to check UD version and firmware version.

Try the test utility on working and non-working systems.  Make sure you are only running 1 LabJack related program at a time (i.e. close DF and LJCP):

https://labjack.com/support/datasheets/accessories/ljtick-dac-utility

burt4munger
Windows 7 SP1 32 Bit

Windows 7 SP1 32 Bit

UD 3.5,

UE9 Comm version1.58, Control version 2.26, boot 1.14, DAQFactory 5.91

UE9 has dedicated 5VDC power supply, USB communications.

Since I posted the message, I noticed some LJTDAC writes will work (on SCL pin 4) but not on SCL pin 14.  I don't think there were any hardware changes, but maybe something happened.  All of the machines that I just changed exhibit this behavior.  I'm starting to winder if someone just removed the DAC device, and that's why I'm seeing the "wrong ACK count" errors.

I'll have to wait until I can get site access again and try the utility program, although my prior setup was in daily use with no problems for several years.

LabJack Support
LabJack Support's picture
Couple other things:

Couple other things:

- Sometimes an LJTick-DAC will work fine on the main FIO0-3 terminals, but then not work on a CB37.  This is due to the extra capacitance of the connections to the CB37 and is generally the worst when you have a cable between the LabJack and CB37.  This can often be resolved by slowing down communication.

- I recall that an older version of software or firmware was not properly looking at acks, so even with no LJTDAC plugged in would not give any errors.